I know I have a fickle heart
And a bitterness
And a wandering eye
And a heaviness in my head
But don't you remember
The reason you loved me...
Having checked one of my favorite blogs, I heard this lyric, sung by Adele... and it struck me. I could have sung those lyrics about myself.
Even with that description, I remember being respected, accepted, supported and loved. I remember that he loved me, in all of my insecure, over the top, square peg, extra-fabulousness. So, I know that love is possible for me. I believe it is coming for me. I must remind myself, every time my heart grows weary, "This loneliness is temporary. I will not love without fireworks and I will be patient until they appear."
Since I believe I am destined for that greatness, I refuse to accept any less. I have decided to finally let go of the "friendships" that are other that what I know I deserve.
Self-awareness is required for the achievement of my goal of finding my "constant" -- my soul mate -- my life partner. And I am learning to respect, accept, support, and love myself so that when he comes,
So, as you know, I am not an expert ... not by any means, but I am currently exploring the connection between the inside and the outside, and how we might get more of what we want by honoring more of who we are...
ReplyDeleteIn that spirit, I share this, one of my quotes with you from Rumi
“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
It is definitely worth it to wait for the right one ... or to dig inside to find who the right one is.