I have difficulty letting go. I hold on to stuff whether or not it serves me. I keep it, even when I know these things are toxic, destructive, decaying. Over the past 3 weeks, I have been purging my closets (1 down, 2 to go...) but my pack rat tendencies are not limited to papers and ill fitting clothing. Deep down, I believe that if I let him go (and by "him" I mean any one of the poor matches I have kept long after our relationships have passed their expiration dates), I will never be coupled again. My fear that no one will ever love me keeps me linked to men who disrespect, dishonor, and disregard me.
As we come to the end of this year, I intend to take better care of myself by (1) entering into and more effectively maintaining healthy and happy relationships and (2) ending relationships that no longer serve me. It is my intention to be loving and caring to my friends, those who to whom my heart and spirit are connected in truth and respect. It is my primary intention to love, care for, and respect myself, particularly in relation to others.
The challenge is great, but I am confident that I can finally let go...
No comments:
Post a Comment