Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Self-Actualization


Three times today, I settled into my new role at the job.  I felt the awareness nestle into my consciousness as I debriefed with colleagues, articulated decisions, and interviewed staff.  Figuring out how to accept myself as a leader so that I may, most effectively serve in this position, has been a challenge.  Today, I took the time to remind myself:

Your playing small does not serve the world.

So, I have found my confidence and speak with strength.  And although I am still afraid -- that I will make a mistake, that I will hurt someone, that I will make a fool of myself -- I'm moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You are a rock start with a tiara. I know you will always do your best...and that all your decisions will be taken from a place of compassion, care and commitment to the greater good!

    ReplyDelete