Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where would I be if I didn't know you...

Last night, I had the opportunity to celebrate a milestone birthday with people I haven't seen in a long time.  I realized the importance of connection.  I remembered how much I love these people and how much I have missed them.  I recommitted my desire to be a good friend by getting and staying in touch.

It is difficult since it is my tendency to throw all of my energy into that which is right in front of me.  The lack of self esteem also contributes to the failure to properly maintain my relationships.

So last night, after a good time, I decided to do things differently.  I want to live a life with good and strong relationships.  In order to get that life, I have to nurture my relationships.  I'm ready to show up and do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment