Sunday, February 6, 2011

Am I supposed to change? Are you supposed to change?

I think I am supposed to change.  I am supposed to grow / emerge / evolve.  It is not in my best interest to ignore all that I have experienced and learned to avoid risk and remain safe.

I have, over the past few weeks, stepped out of life-long patterns, and changed.  My changes have been slight, gradual, quiet.  They have been easy and fearless.  These changes feelsoundlooktaste good.

The next task is to determine who I want to be and align my thoughts and conduct with the values consistent with that character.  The changes require focus, courage, and fortitude.  Turns out I am much, much stronger than I thought.

I realize that I have the power to define myself for myself, without consultation or approval.  I shall exercise that power.  It is time to ease myself toward the most perfect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment